home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My new baby...


So my hubby bought me a camera for Christmas. It is a Nikon D3000. I have an SLR and a digital Canon, but never a DSLR. I have only used it a little because the learning curve on it is huge for me. I have reread the manual 4 times, bought a field guide on it, signed up for a class and this weekend I was brave enough to use it while I was out in the country.
Nikon D3000 10MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G & 55-200 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lenses
I also am using Picasa and Picnik for the first time, and other huge learning curve there!!

I took 193 pictures. I did everything I could think of with this camera and tried different settings, lots of different subject matters. Here are a few photos I am sharing, as I am still editing.

 my Morgan
my boys

Grandma's field 

wood pile

I did a tad bit of editing on these photos, at this point I am doing what looks right. Not sure that is the best way to go about it, but I do LOVE my new camera. It snowed last night in St. Louis and this morning on my way out the door I saw a big fat Male Cardinal sitting at the edge of our woods near the bird feeder. I hope he is there tomorrow so I can capture him in all his Cardinal red glory!!


Pin It
Sharing with: Sweet Shot Dayand
 then, she {snapped}

1 comment:

  1. it cracks me up to see how you take on a new camera the same way you've taken on everything else you've done! go girl! you'll be writing photo tutorials in no time!

    oh, and congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...