home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas dinning tablescape

I finally finished my Christmas table scape.
The only bummer is my sweet hubby went out yesterday and got me some real evergreens to mix in with the faux. The bad news, they are still in his truck. At work. I don't want to put this off any longer so here it goes, minus the real!


I decided I wanted a more natural table setting. Less formal. I started by not having a table cloth on, so you could see the wood grain of the quarter sawn oak table. This table is about 80 years old, has never been refinished and has lots of life left in it.


Simple setting. Silver charger from Hobby Lobby, my Grandmothers Currier & Ives dishes, white Goodwill salad plates. The silverware is new. I went to my favorite thrift store, and while I was rifling thru the silverware baskets I kept noticing this silverware pattern. 


The were individually marked anywhere from $.90-&1.25. I pulled them all out and had almost a complete setting for 8. I am missing a few pieces here and there, but I have a jelly spoon and a butter knife. I asked for a group discount and I bought all 50 pieces for $35!
I finally found the pattern, it is Eternally Yours by Rogers 1941.


In the center of the table I placed a burlap runner, topped by my husbands 
great Grandmothers hand made doily. I added a red lantern I bought at 
Goodwill for $1. My favorite part of the center of the table is the Burlap Tree. 


I have seen a lot of burlap trees, and alot of fabric trees, but the burlap is usually glued down flat on the tree with embellishments added to it. I decided to treat it like a fabric rag or tissue paper tree and cut out a bazillion squares. I am only half exaggerating, cause I ran out and had to go to Joanne's and get some more. 
It took a lot of hot glue and a lot of time, more than I expected, but I think it is worth it. Well now that it is done!


I  had a glass pillar and added burlap, raffia and a pick of some green berrys I had.


I also added a sprig of greenery that looked like it had ice crystals on it and a few different kinds of Pines.


Notice my Cable Knit sweater candle holder? You can go here to see how I made it.


I can't wait to show you my Winter Wonderland buffet, you can see a 
little of it in the background so stay tuned to see it tomorrow.

Want to see some of my other Christmas decor posts:
Front Porch Christmas

I have been a busy girl and can't wait to sit back and enjoy the Holiday as it unfolds. 
Wait a minute! I am a hairstylist and this is the busiest time of the year for me, so 
scratch the sitting. And enjoying. I will be able to enjoy starting Christmas eve!
How about you, is this a crazy hectic time of year for you, or do things slow 
down enough to relax and take it all in?

Linking to: The Lettered CottageMomma Hens CoopPhotobucketClick on the button below to go to our link party!

5 comments:

  1. I love the burlap tree & The red lantern!!! nicely done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a find the silverware pattern is!! lucky you!

    beautiful yet simple holiday decor is just what i need! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh..love me some burlap! Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ www.fromourhidingplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, stopping by from Debbie's Newbie party. I absolutely adore your burlap tree and your table setting is gorgeous. Love the new silverware too. Great find!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...