home contact about wee before & after things to come wanna be featured? advertise

Friday, October 14, 2011

new playroom and a purple chair



On Monday I carved out a place for myself in our basement. You can see the post here.
But the pictures where taken at night and the lighting was bad. I had a few comments regarding 
the purple chair. I realized the photo did not show the chair in all its purple glory.


So here she is. I bought her off CL and I got her on the cheap. $35 to be exact. I am not going
 to touch the fabric, It is a beautiful velvet. Although my husband thinks the chair is hideous. 
(yeah, we don't always agree). I'm not sure but I may paint the legs. Silver, black or white. Any thoughts?


Two weekends ago we did some work on the playroom. The room behind the playroom is our 
guest room, the only room in the lower level that is finished. So the playroom has 2 cement walls 
and one with studs and visible drywall. Not ideal, but for now it will do. The ex-dresser/buffet I 
just finished and you can see that post here.


I have a stack of antique suitcases I bought 15 years ago at an estate sale. The bottom one belonged to the husband. Obviously he traveled alot. The center one and the train case belonged to his wife. They both had a protective cover on them and are such beautiful leather! I love the initials on them


The coffee table is an old Pottery Barn table, I used to have nesting tables that matched. The brown leather couch was free from a friends son. Can't get any better than free. 
The carpet is actually a very large rug. 11X17'. I bought it at a fund raiser last year. No one was bidding on it, so I got it for $50. It is a $1,000 custom rug that was donated by a design house when the client changed her mind about the rug. I can not tell you how comfortable this rug is. I know it is silly to have that expensive of a  rug in a playroom, but it will not fit any other room in the house. 


Ideally this room will get finished walls and some built ins to store toys. but until then, we make do.
I am writing this post from the country. While I am here, I will be making some throw pillows for our bed (on my new sewing machine) and some window cornices for the windows. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...